Romanian Lace Fairy
My Five Steps to Fashion:
1. It’s perfectly normal to revolve your look around a piece that you really like, just like these Romanian point lace cream shorts from Zara. just dont forget to balance it out with another garment to make it look more care free and creative.
2. Two skin prints, like the cow and snake skin bag with fur that i got from Hong Kong and my peep toe snake skin sling back stilettos from Janylin shoes were pieces in my look that stands but dont really take away attention to my focal point piece which were the shorts.
3. Decided to wear a simple comfy green silk top from Topshop, since i would show skin in the bottom (make sure to expose only the right amount of skin)
4. Style and comfort should go together because you’ll be confident with what your’re wearing if your comfortable. I styled my outfit yes, but i also made sure that its easy to wear.
5. Tucking your top in or not? well were not in the 80’s anymore so anything goes, always think about what’s best for your figure. Since my ensemble is basically, fit loosely, I tucked my shirt in to cinch the waist.
This outfit post, which i call “Romanian lacy fairy” was cause i absolutely loved these cream lace shorts. Because me and my sister are fashion designers, we are always introduced to new fabrics. Lace and embroidery always amaze me (i was into cross stitching back in gradeschool, yeah i know im sucha grandma hahaha) There are so many ways to create them and I consider it a craft. I learned that this type of lace is called romanian point lace (the crochet, big yarns type where designs are usually closer together).
In the fashion industry, i also realized that learning how to innovate your product is a never ending road. I also see my mom who has been creating these shoes for our family business, Janylin never stops analyzing how she can make our shoes better for our clients. We appreciate these experiences and express our own style ideas, always hoping to help out other real women out there.